Gadling, which bills itself as the “world’s top travel blog,” published a post today on eight seldom-heard languages. Each has a YouTube video to watch.
The languages include:
- the Sámi languages, with a mention of the largest one, Northern Sami or Sámegiella (sme),
- Ket (ket), a language isolate,
- Anus or Korur (auq), a language of Indonesian fisherpeople,
- Yoron (yox), a language of southern Japan,
- Silbo Gomero (spa), a whistled dialect of Spanish, and
- Taushiro (trr), a language of Peru with only one speaker.